Regional Agricultural Economic Development Centre (RAEDC) has adopted a systematic approach to organize courses, right from the need assessment of the trainees till the evaluation of courses. Teaching methods, course contents and training material is very carefully selected with reference to target audience. Teaching methods used in training courses generally involve lecture, field visit, hands-on training, group discussions, brain storming sessions and case studies etc. During the course, each trainee not only has the opportunity to share his experiences but also benefits from the fellow trainees. During the course, each trainee not only has the opportunity to share his experience but also benefits from the fellow trainees. RAEDC activities are divided into:
- On Campus Training Programme
- Off Campus Training Programme
The main function of RAEDC is to impart training. Following training programmes are being undertaken at the Institute.
- Computer Literacy Programme
- Farmers Training Programme
- In-Service Training Programme
- Rural & Urban Women Uplift Programme
The eligibility critera to enroll for the aforementioned courses is as follows:
- For computer literacy programme the participants must have matriculation and preferably belonging to farming community
- The course is also being offered to Govt. employees of agriculture department. In-service officers and officials can participate in the RAEDC training programmes through their respective wings nominated by agriculture department
- For urban women training programmes the participants preferably literate
How to Apply
All the courses are advertised through electronic & print media, pamphlets and nominating agency of agriculture department. The prescribed application forms for training are available at RAEDC campus and our website free of cost. A Committee constituted by the Chief Coordinator, RAEDC does the final selection of the participants. The fee of computer course is deposited in Govt. treasury.